Launch Your Own Local Chapter
“We Want to Expand God’s Kingdom Force”
Who are Marketplace Multipliers?
As Marketplace Multipliers, we are intentional to integrate our faith and work to equip those around us in our workplaces, translating our influence into making disciples and multiplying the kingdom of God.
We do this in whatever career or areas of influence we are led into. God is at work where we work, so we serve the higher interests of the kingdom while leading with excellence in the marketplace.
What is a local Marketplace Multiplier chapter?
A local Marketplace Multipliers chapter is a group of marketplace Christians, often established in the church setting in partnership with the pastor, who use their influence and integrate their faith by making disciples in their local marketplace setting, whether the workplace, home, church, etc.. Expressions of local chapters all look unique. On www.marketplacemultipliers.com, there are a variety of marketplace ministry resources available for chapters to use to help learn how to effectively engage in discipleship in their place of influence, discuss questions, and share successes as well as hardships in their ministry.
Visit our resources page to check out several resources that we recommend!
Why should I start a chapter?
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11
We were never meant to help bring God’s kingdom to earth on our own. Your place of work – be it at home caring for children, in an auto repair shop, in the C-suite at a large corporation or as a barista in a coffee shop – is your mission field.
Starting a local chapter routinely gathers marketplace Christians to equip and empower them to influence their workplace by intentionally and effectively integrating their faith in their day-to-day work, and thereby make disciples.
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28: 19-20
Local chapters enable marketplace multipliers to help one another increase intentionality in the workplace to make disciples. Our hope is that chapter meetings will serve as places of renewal and encouragement, as well as spaces where imagination is unlocked to the varied ways God is calling us into God’s mission right where we are.
What is the commitment?
The process of launching a Marketplace Multiplier chapter is simple with just a few foundational commitments.
- Chapter leaders will seek to partner with their pastor.
- With the Ezra/Nehemiah partnership as our biblical inspiration, we see optimal value in the chapter’s establishment where there is a strong, mutual commitment among lay people and the church pastor.
- The role of the MM chapter leader and the role of the pastor are complimentary whereas leader(s) have the pastor’s support and encouragement, and the leader(s) are empowered to lead the chapter.
- Chapter leaders will name their chapter.
- While movement-wide they will be known as Marketplace Multiplier (MM) Chapters, every local church is encouraged to choose a name they believe best fits their context and fulfills their purposes.
- Chapters will agree to convene the chapter at least four times a year.
- Committing to an agreed-upon schedule and agenda will inspire action and follow through.
- Chapter leaders and members will seek to inspire and intentionally equip MM’s in at least two areas:
- Integrating their faith with their work
- Influencing others toward being disciples of Jesus
- Chapters will consider a contribution toward the Global MM movement. Click here to learn more about this movement.
How do I get started?
Glad you asked! We’ve laid out 10 steps to get you started. Click here to download the full guide.
STEP 1 – Register Your Chapter using the registration form.
STEP 2 – Make a List of mentors, church leaders, community leaders, neighbors, family, colleagues, and other leaders to invite.
STEP 3 – Pray over your names.
STEP 4 – Partner with someone who can help you lead.
STEP 5 – Plan how your local chapter meetings will work (location, logistics, refreshments, seating, discussion, content, and name of the local chapter).
STEP 6 – Schedule your meetings.
STEP 7 – Contact your list with the details to make an invitation.
STEP 8 – Start with your first meeting and take note of what works well and what you can do better next time.
STEP 9 – Practice by getting better from week to week. Make little adjustments to how things go in order to improve meetings.
STEP 10 – Be Faithful and Fruitful by encouraging those on your list — whether they come to the chapter meetings or not.
The fruit you are seeking from the seeds you plant may not come right away. It may take some time, but in being faithful over time, God will give you the fruit he intends for you to harvest. You might plant seeds, others might water them, and still others may harvest them — but know that God is the one who makes it grow.
We are not alone as we inspire this Marketplace Multiplier movement. Together, we will trust God for that fruit. Enjoy the faithful and fruitful journey in God!
“May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands.” Psalm 90:17
Register your existing local chapter or your intent to launch one as a hub for marketplace multipliers in your area by filling out the below information. This is the best way to stay connected to others doing what you’re doing or what you hope to do.